Products > Grid
Management Solutions > OpenNIS Features and Benefits
tools enable efficient energy management
encapsulating all the operational processes in a power
utility. Using Web service technologies, OpenNIS exchanges
information with ERP systems. OpenNIS can seamless integrate
with existing ERP systems and enable the utility companies
to incorporate technical information in their ERP systems
efficiently by directly exchanging information with
the ERP systems in all phases from Planning to Maintenance.
OpenNIS can effectively
- Help the utility personnel visualize the entire
city network in its geographical location alongside
- Provide additional data and functionality for efficient
Grid management required in a deregulated market.
- Integrate business processes for the entire service
chain for higher productivity and lower costs.
- Help the utility personnel visualize the faulty
portions of the network for isolation from the main
network for normalization and restoration of supply
and alternate feeding arrangements.
- Help execute Planning, development and economical
calculations up to section level.
- Provide real time position of supply chain by means
of live connectivity with vital supply points.
- Make data from operational system available for
analysis, reporting and decision making.
- Provide tools for improved Customer care and Service.
OpenNIS can help utilities realize better and quicker ROI by offering:
- New cutting edge technologies: high-resolution digital photography, DGPS, seamless transfer to enterprise GIS
- Direct field to control centre communication of data without human interference and hence minimal errors and cost savings.
- Web-based design for easy access over the internet anytime anywhere.
- Extremely user-friendly GUI: quick learning curve with minimal training.
- Data archival capabilities for comparisons over time (scalable spatial database)
- Geofencing (Guided movement for field personnel with accurate boundaries to operate within)